A DOT physical is a checkup that is required for commercial drivers. Most folks require exams every 1-2 years depending on their medical background.
Rules and pass/fail guidelines come from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Exams cost $250 and include health history review, required government paperwork, blood pressure check, vision screen, height, weight, and urinalysis.
- Additional testing (A1c, blood glucose, etc) is not included in the above cost.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes
- Patient’s should arrive 20 minutes early to complete all BMC and required DOT paperwork.
- Payment in full is expected at the time of visit–your employer may reimburse you for this cost!