Reproductive/ Sexual Health
- Pap smears/ treatment for abnormal results
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Menopause care
- Miscarriage managment
- Pregnancy dating ultrasounds
- Polycystic ovarian disease
- Abnormal periods
SURGICAL TREATMENTS FOR ABNORMAL PAP SMEARS OR WARTS
- LEEP : Procedure to remove abnormal cells from the cervix.
- Cryotherapy: Freezing of abnormal cells on the cervix/ penis/ vagina
- Inter Uterine Devices (IUD): IUDs are inserted into the uterus by a physician, and provide from 5-10 years of birth control depending on the type. Call BMC for more information.
- Nuvaring: These types of birth control are meant to be used for three weeks of a cycle and to be removed for one week in order for menstruation to take place.
- Depo-Provera or “The Shot”: Hormonal birth control that is administered every three months. Call BMC for more information.
- Plan B or Emergency Contraceptive: Can be taken up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. It is availble here at Blue Mountain Clinic, or over the counter at most pharmacies.
- Condoms: Always free at BMC and the best way to protect yourself from Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Nexplanon: A small rod about the size of a matchstick, inserted just under the skin. This is a hormonal method of birth control (progestin only) that is effective for up to 3 years.
If contraceptive costs are a concern, call us for information on Family Planning assistance programs.
STI SCREENING AND TREATMENT
The staff at Blue Mountain Clinic can screen for and treat all Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- STI Screening and treatments
- Wart treatment
- Scrotal-testicular disease
- Prostate screening
- Testosterone replacement therapies
LGBTQQI MAINSTREAMED CARE
- Caring, open environment
- Surgical referals
- Mental health counseling
- Trans specific care
^ Back to Top