Blue Mountain Clinic has been providing women with a comfortable, respectful place to exercise their right to abortion care for over 36 years. We believe women know what they want and are here to help them through this experience. With our staff of clinicians and counselors we provide understanding, top-quality abortion care to women who come to us from all over the Northwest.
We offer two types of Abortion Care:
- First Trimester Surgical Abortion- An outpatient surgical procedure for patients 5-16 weeks pregnant- measured from the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP).
- Medical Abortion- A medication administered by a licensed physician, that will facilitate termination of pregnancy. For patients 9 weeks pregnant or less- measured from the first day of the last menstrual period (LMP).
Licensed clinicians provide abortion care at Blue Mountain Clinic and your visit here is strictly confidential. Parental or spousal consent is not currently required to obtain an abortion in Montana, however, parental notification is required for any woman 15 years or younger.
Preparing for your Appointment
- Please plan to be at the clinic for three to five hours on the day of your appointment
- Do not consume any alcohol, aspirin or street drugs 24 hours before your appointment
- Arrive on time (To avoid waiting longer!)
- Bring a driver if you would like conscious sedation medication for your procedure.
What to Expect from Your Visit
- Medical history information- Be prepared to answer some basic questions about your health and that of your family.
- Blood Tests- To determine your hemoglobin and RH factor.
- Options Counseling- In this session we will discuss your situation and decision to terminate a pregnancy, go over the consent form, aftercare instructions, birth control options, and benefits and risks.
- Ultrasound- Performed vaginally and/or abdominally by a nurse.
- Abortion Procedure- Performed by a licensed physician.
Our Abortion Care StaffThe clinicians providing abortions at Blue Mountain Clinic have been providing high-quality medical care in Missoula for many years.To protect their privacy and their safety we do not reveal the names of these doctors. They are licensed physicians who believe in providing abortion care. They are experienced, dedicated and capable. Assisting our clinicians are support staff who have been trained to counsel clients about their options and facilitate their care. Send an e-mail question to a member of our staff.
Abortion Care Fees
The fees you pay on the day of the abortion include the following services:
- Options counseling
- Lab work
- Birth control information
- Follow up examination
- 24 hour on-call service
You may pay for your abortion procedure in the following ways:
- American Express
- Traveler's Cheques or money orders.
We do not accept personal checks for abortion services and expect full payment at the time of service. Please call the clinic for information regarding costs of abortion services.
Please do not delay an abortion for financial reasons. Call us ahead of time to discuss your situation. Blue Mountain Clinic has an Access Fund to assist women in need.